Monday, October 8, 2007

Busy Weekend

Haven't posted anything in a few days as we've all been going 100 miles per hour.

Curt is working like a maniac (as usual) and home most nights very late. He's lucky if he even makes it home before the kids' bedtime at 8pm.

This weekend was the start of our semi-annual sales conference so he's been out Saturday, Sunday and again tonight (Monday) with all our managers from about 20 countries. The relo part (aka my part - fortunately Jon and Kasia did an excellent job presenting most of it!) of the conference was on Sunday at 9am. We finished at about 1:30pm as there were some very sleepy faces from the wild Saturday night. I came home to spend a few hours with the kids only to have to go out again in the evening to mix and mingle with our team. Many new faces but as I often feel, this is the best team yet! I'm very excited to be working with all these teams from Bucharest, Moscow, Kiev, St. Petersburg, Dubai, Beijing, Warsaw, Bratislava, Zagreb, Prague, etc.

Terence started football (or soccer as we all know it in the US) on Saturday morning while Mia had dance class. He seemed to have a good time even though some of his closest buddies haven't signed up this year. He has a good attitude about it and eager to be on the team. Hopefully he'll make some new friends.

Mia is doing well in her dance class (see photos below). Since Curt had to take Terence on Saturday, I took Ali along to Mia's dance class. Parents aren't allowed in the room as the kids don't seem to listen as well if mom and dad are nearby. After her dance class I had to take her to the doctor's office to get a TB test read. I could already tell that it was negative but the poor thing is getting tested for just about EVERYTHING as she has terribly swollen lymph nodes again! The last time was in May and the doctors are finding it a complete mystery. It wouldn't bother me so much that the reason or possible infection that her body is working so hard to fight isn't being discovered if it didn't irritate her so much. Her neck's lymph nodes are so swollen that she can't even turn her neck properly as it is too painful. She's been tested from everything from leukemia to TB and today they took MORE blood (she's been a pin cushion) to test for some other things such as lyme disease and cat scratch. Who knows what will be discovered? If anything at all.

Ali has been a bit grumpy lately. There are some bugs going around and last week she had a fever twice. I kept her with me on Wednesday and then sent her back to nursery school on Thursday and Friday. Yesterday her nose started running a bit. I hope she'll be able to fight it off. I think she's also getting her final teeth in which is always bothersome for the little ones. Her canines are all coming through so maybe it's her back molars that are giving her some pain. She's a real trouper as she is always tagging along and being dragged everywhere and doesn't get the down time or possibly even sleep that her body may need. The joy of being the 3rd child!

As for me, I am taking a night off from the conference events but am on full swing first thing tomorrow through the evening. Our investor arrived this evening as did some of our conference guests. Tomorrow will be a big day and I'll have to do some presenting to our team in the afternoon. As long as there is coffee I will be fine! The kids have a ride to school with some French friends that live on our street. Terence will go to his friend, Arnaud's home after school. Arnaud is Belgian so there maybe more Flemish spoken than French in their home. Terence is very excited to go over to his home to play. Mia will get a ride home from school from my dear friend, Kerry McGann, who I hope never lives far from me! Ali is on the ovi busz (nursery school bus). Erika, our nanny, will be at our home from 7am to see them all off and be here to greet them, feed them and put them to bed as it will most likely be a very late evening for us!

Time for bed. It's 10:46pm and Curt will most likely be home after midnight. I'm glad I reminded him to take a set of house keys so I don't have to wake up to let him in!