Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Ali Home Sick



Yesterday Ali stayed home from nursery because she was sick. I canceled all my appointments to stay with her. She started getting sick with a runny nose on Saturday. Yesterday she also had a cough and was really grumpy and tired. We did have a very, very busy weekend so that probably didn't help. She first woke up at 6:30am but fell asleep after I cuddled with her for a while. She woke up again at around 7:30am but by 9am she was really clingy and grumpy. She kept grabbing my hand and saying 'home' over and over again. I kept telling her that we are home. I think she wanted to go to a friend's home but didn't know how to express herself. She insisted I put on her hat and coat. I asked her if she wanted to lie down with mama and she nodded so we went into our bed where she fell asleep quickly. She slept soundly with her coat and hat on for 4 hours! She wasn't too hot as the window was open. She woke up starving and in a much better mood.