Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Just a Few Notes

Had to jot these down to remember.

Last night I was doing sit ups while the kids were watching the movie, Cheaper by the Dozen 2 (I think this is the name. It's a funny movie in which Steve Martin plays a dad who is married with 12 kids). Ali must have thought I was trying to hold my head up so I could see the TV. Suddenly, she stuffed a pillow under my head while I was going up on a crunch. I came down on it and thought it was so sweet of her to be concerned about me.

Recently she has also learned how to push the stepping stool in our kitchen (always have one open for the kids to step on and help with cooking) up to the fridge / freezer. We have an American GE Profile which has an ice / water dispenser on the freezer door. She has figured out how to get herself a drink and does so often. The other night she brought all of us a drink of water. She's so overly careful about spilling that she now just fills the glasses up about 1/8th of the way. It's funny when you get a big (plastic) cup with about 2 sips of water only. Of course we all are very appreciative and say, "thank you Ali!"

On another note, today Terence had a big brother talk with Mia. I don't think he knew I was listening. It was really funny to hear him talking all grown up to her. He said to her, "Mia, I think there are 2 issues that you need to work on. 1. Cumi-ing (this is a Hungarian slang word for thumb sucking or a pacifier. it's pronounced 'tsoomi'. Mia still sucks her thumb *). and 2. Kissing Boys." He proceeded with, "Mia, I think you are addicted to both and you really need to stop as you are too old for cumi-ing and too young for kissing boys. I don't even kiss girls yet and I am 7." It was really adorable. I especially thought it was funny that he used the word 'addicted' as I just recently explained what this word meant. I thought he did well by using it in context...

* Note to Aunt Sally about Mia's cumi-ing. Terence and Mia both remember the deal that was made at the beach last summer. Mia and Aunt Sally made a deal that Mia would quit cumi-ing when Aunt Sally quit smoking. She and Terence are hoping that Aunt Sally makes it to the beach again this summer to see who won the deal!! hint, hint, nudge, nudge...

Kids are very excited that today was their last day of school for 1 1/2 weeks as they are on spring break!! 4 days until we leave for Disney Paris!!!