Thursday, July 24, 2008

First Time on the Diving Board

When I was growing up it seemed every pool had diving boards. I think since I've been living overseas most pools have had them removed. Probably due to the high amount of accidents involved on or around the boards (especially the high dives).

While in Wichita, KS last week, we went to the public pool down the street from Curt's parents home. The kids were over the moon about their diving board. Immediately they were drawn to it even though they have never been on a diving board before. I thought both Terence and Mia would get up on it, chicken out and get off but they both jumped off it confidently. Mia hesitated slightly but Terence didn't. The pool depth they were diving into was about 10 feet deep. I thought that may scare them a little too, but it didn't.

It was really fun to watch them jumping over and over and over again.




I love this one of Mia. It's like she's trying to dive in. What a pose!