Wednesday, September 3, 2008

3 Great Quotes

Last night at bed time, the kids were all picking out the book(s) that they wanted to have read. Ali picked one up, took a long look at the cover, turned to me and asked, 'Mama, this book in French?' Her English still needs some work and is a bit choppy but it's getting really good. At first I thought she said something different as I didn't think that she even knew what French was or that we had different books in different languages at home. I looked at the book and the weirder part was that it was in French. How on earth did she know that?

Last week I was cutting Mia's finger nails. She tried to keep me from cutting them and when I finally cut off her long claws (as we call them when they get too long), she looked down and asked, "Why did you cut all of them off short? Now how am I going to pick my nose?"

Terence's quote today was about a marble. After examining a big bag of marbles (these are the popular toy that they bring into school and play with on the playground) that he just bought at the store with his own money, he noticed one was just a half a marble. The other half was simply missing. He commented on how funny this was and how he'd never seen a marble shaped like this. He told me then that it was a Chinese marble and he heard that this is how Chinese marbles were shaped. Where do they get this stuff?

I think these 3 quotes give you a good insight into each of their personalities. They always keep us laughing and on our toes.