Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Sick Little Alexandra


Yesterday Ali came home from nursery school with a fever and extra runny goopy nose (sorry - I'm sure no one enjoys hearing those details). Anyhow, she was so clingy and cuddly so I just held her most of the evening - always a challenge while preparing dinner - until putting on a video for her in our bedroom (on the portable DVD player).
When dinner was ready I went in to get her but she was just motionless with her eye lids getting heavier and heavier so I just left her. When I returned, after feeding T and Mia, I found her fast asleep and all cuddled up in our bed. I felt so bad for her but found her so adorable that I had to take these photos to share with you. She's even still in her clothes with her braids in her hair.



I love how she always sleeps with her two hands under her face. This is how I almost always find her in her bed. So sweet.

She is feeling a lot better today. She stayed at home with me and went to support Terence and Mia in their annual l'enduro (a running race for all the kids at the French Lycee).

Mia and Ali have started to enjoy having a short movie or show in our bed before bedtime. It's usual on the weekends but as today is Wednesday and only a half day at school, we seem to have a bit more time in the evening. Notice Ali brought up her little chair (made out of spongy foam) to put her dolls in for the movie.