Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Gone Fishing


Yesterday Curt went out and purchased some fishing rods as he thought it was time to take the kids fishing. About 2 years ago he took T but a baby alligator kept stealing their bate in one of the lagoons. This time he thought it was time to try the ocean and see if they had better luck.

We thought it was best to wait until a quiet time on the beach so we went for an early dinner and went out afterwards at about 7pm.

I took quite a few snaps for you to look through. It was a perfect evening!




Ali and I were the spectators. I brought out a good book, The Help, so read, took snaps and sipped on my white wine while Curt fished with T and Mia.


Then suddenly Curt screamed my name! T had caught his first fish only 15 mins after we started!!! It was so exciting! The few people on the beach ran over to see the big fish that he pulled out of the ocean... It's a good thing as Curt had trouble pulling the hook out of the fish. We wanted to throw him back as we had already eaten dinner! T was so disappointed. He wanted to take it home and have me cook it. I'll admit I am an adventurous cook but cleaning a freshly caught fish is still something I haven't yet attempted. Nor, do I plan to anytime soon! Around here there are tons of local fisherman selling already cleaned and filleted fish... Next time maybe we'll take T's catch over. Then, I'll cook him up for dinner.

Can anyone tell me what kind of fish this is?


And the video of it all in action! Look how excited T is!

Mia never managed to catch anything but here she patiently waited by her pole.

Then, T caught a 2nd fish. Much smaller but still a thrill. He reeled it in all by himself.




After each fish he went and sat by himself in one of our chairs. I finally asked him what he was thinking about. I asked him if he was sad that we didn't keep the fish to cook up. He answered, "No. Not really." thought a bit longer and then answered, "I'm just thinking about how that fish felt when it was out of the water. He probably feels like I do when I am under water." He's always such a deep thinker...