Monday, January 4, 2010

Mia's 2nd Silver

As some of you may have heard, Mia received a silver medal in her second slalom race. She was amongst about 12 kids (many of which were older). We were so proud of her and excited for her but she did not take it well. She was upset that she didn't get gold. I must say that I found this very sweet as that is exactly how I would have felt!
Terence didn't compete. I think he wants to keep his gold memory and not risk the possibility of not being the fast a 2nd time...
Ali also raced but with some assistance from her teacher as it was more challenging then she could handle. She is 3 years old (nearing 4) and raced against Keira (almost 6) and another boy almost 5 years old. Fortunately there were only 3 kids in her miniclub class so she got bronze.
Unfortunately my camera is acting up and I cannot retrieve the video footage of their races nor Ali's receipt of her bronze medal... I also had a good video of T skiing.
In the meantime, here's a short video of Mia receiving silver and a photo of her pouting about it.