Saturday, May 8, 2010

Our Last Night in Dubai

On our last night in Dubai we went and checked out one of the newest shopping malls - the Mirdif City Centre near the airport. I needed to get a few gifts for some people and the kids voted for this mall as they went with Erika, the sitter, and loved the play area. Since I'd never been, I went along with the majority vote. It was a long drive from our hotel (about a 65 dirham taxi fare) but it proved a fun adventure. I wasn't entirely thrilled with the choice of stores but they do have THE first Crate and Barrel (as well as a Pottery Barn and Pottery Barn Kids) so that will be good to know for future home purchases. And, as I mentioned, their kids play area Cite des Enfants was great for our trio. I don't think the entire play section is finished but what they have is really entertaining and unique. I think it is affiliated with the Paris Science center that T and I went to a couple of years ago. I even blogged about it here.

On the way out of the mall's front entrance, they had these giant letters spelling out Mirdif. The kids loved climbing up inside of them. Here they are inside the letter F.



And, Mia in front of the letter 'M'.