Wednesday, July 7, 2010

WIMBLEDON 2010

Lucky me. I recently had the opportunity to go to Wimbledon and enjoy an experience that I have always dreamed of... And, it exceeded my expectations! The best part is thanks to my friends' tennis family (including family members who have played in Wimbledon) we were able to experience it all in VIP style! And, cost free!

Kim jumped the queue to pick up our VIP / members enclosure entrance passes.

With her dad who holds 1 of 350 VIP access tickets. That is 350 individual tickets in the entire world! They cannot be sold, traded or lended out! By the way, they are buying a pitcher of Pimm's.

A delicious lunch in the members enclosure / VIP area.

My 2 dear, dear friends who always make me giggle like I am 15 years old!

Kim's mom, Carole, meeting up with some of her Texan friends who she also hooked up with Wimbledon tickets.


Getting ready to experience Centre Court! Centre Court is where the top players play. There are approximately 14 other courts in the Wimbledon tennis arena but Centre Court is the most important court...


Sort of dark photos but posing in our seats while enjoying Lleyton Hewitt and then Roger Federer playing (and both winning).





This is my view (without a zoom lens)

Inside the Members Enclosure they have the Wall of Fame - past winners... It was great and brought back so many memories as I have seen the majority of them win on TV.


Other photos around the Wimbledon tennis area - including lots of the flowers in Wimbledon's colors.





Getting ready to head home (to Nicky's home in Aldbury).


Below are 2 photos of Nicky, Kim and I on a recent trip to Cyprus to celebrate my birthday.