Saturday, September 15, 2007

Saturday morning quick update

It's Saturday morning and I haven't added anything to my blog in a few days. I've taken a few photos and video clips but my time on the computer for personal matters is slim. It's been a long work week and juggling work and 3 kids (and trying to run a home and keep it organized) is the toughest challenge I've ever experienced. For all the working moms out there, do you ever feel like you do anything 100%? I'd even settle for 80%. Last night we came home from work (we had had a drink after with clients) at about 9pm. Ali was fast asleep but Terence and Mia were in bed and almost drifting off. I had to go up and spend an hour playing, talking and catching up with them as I hadn't seen them since 7:50am when they left for school.

Mornings are not pleasant here as there are too many mouths to feed. Our morning routine is usually Ali wakes up first between 6:30am - 7am. She shouts from her crib 'Mama! Mama! Mama!' until I come up. Occassionally Mia gets her out of her crib. But 9 out of 10 times I get to her first. Actually, 7 out of 10 times I get to her first; 2 out of 10 times Curt does and 1 out of 10 times Mia is the first to get to Ali. Ali is the first to get a bottle of milk. Then, Mickey the cat gets fed (almost always by me). Curt usually feeds the dogs. 50% of the time it is with the help of one of the kids. The fish often get fed by one of the kids but every so often they get completely overlooked. Then, it's Terence and Mia's breakfast time. Wait, actually, it's coffee time first. Curt or I make coffee lattes with our espresso maker. Then, we move on to the kids as they take a while to get moving and into breakfast mode. It's often oatmeal with milk (we don't make instant nor do we make it with water as I am a huge fan of oatmeal and believe this is the ONLY way to make it). If we wake early enough I make a dutch baby which is a giant souffle type pancake. Terence's favorite. The kids are not big fans of cereal but Mia does enjoy her Special K. Terence sometimes likes Corn Flakes but with no milk, sugar, or anything on it. I haven't taught them about sugar on cereal nor do I buy sugar cereal. The last 2 choices for breakfast are yoghurt (Terence loves vanilla flavoried milk rice and Mia likes Danone fruit yoghurt) or 'Daddy's special toast'. The latter is toast with butter, cinammon and a little sugar. They like it cut into triangles.

Must run now as I need to make a trip to Auchan for some groceries. Being a working mom makes it difficult to stay on top of grocery shopping so I will take Terence and Ali with me to stock up. Curt is with Mia at dance lessons. They got picked up by Bill and Keira. Keira is one of Mia's favorite little friends. I will post photos of them very soon.