Friday, September 28, 2007

Terence's Thoughts

Last night at dinner we (Curt got home from work late so I ate with the kids) got to talking about family. Mia was complaining about having an older brother or something silly so I reminded her about the fact that I had TWO older brothers. She always finds that so funny but also feels a bit sorry for me for having had to grow up with that. I asked them if they could name my brothers. It took a while but Terence managed to name both! Then, I asked them if they knew what Mia's kids would call Terence. Terence quickly answered, 'Dada!' I said, 'NO!' I asked them to guess again but they didn't know so I told them that Mia's kids would call Terence 'Uncle Terence'. They thought that was the funniest thing ever. Terence then said that his kids would then call Mia 'Uncle Mia'. Again, I replied 'No!' I said they would call her 'Aunt Mia'. They again laughed so hard that they almost fell off their chairs. Then I asked them if they knew what their kids would call me. They were still laughing at the Uncle Terence and Aunt Mia comments so I answered my own question and said, 'Nana'. They thought that was the icing on the cake. Terence then asked, 'Will you say For Goodness Sakes all the time?'

Tonight after bath Terence declared that he now wants to be a teacher when he grows up. It's a bit of an odd thing as he always reminds me that he does NOT like school. He still wants to be a scientist AND an engineer. He emphasizes that he wants to be BOTH! In fact, two days ago he told Curt that when he grows up he wants to invent (this is a word he uses often as his dream is the invent something) the cure for cancer. He wants to invent something that won't be poison for the body. He's referring specifically to John Heisler who just returned home on Monday after 1 month of being in the hospital undergoing chemo in a sort of bubble environment. Terence said that his 'invention will still have to hurt a little bit but it won't be poison for the human body'. I don't know where he comes up with this stuff! It's just incredible. He then called John on the phone to tell him about his invention so that John didn't have to worry about fighting this cancer thing again...