Thursday, February 7, 2008

Update

It's been a while since I've put down some interesting information into our blog. What can I say, it's been a busy couple of weeks. Work is keeping us very busy with our newest product: viaRelo and Radix which many of you have heard about. Then, there is India and our expansion into this part of the world.

Additionally, the kids are full of energy and all seem to have a packed agenda filled with birthday parties, French tutors, Farsang (aka Carnival / costumes) parties, football, dance, tennis lessons, haircuts, dental appointments, play dates... It is a wild rollercoaster ride every week with double loop after double loop. My car definitely gets a lot of use and is always filled with children, laughter, bubble gum, spilled drinks and sometimes tears (that would be mine... just kidding).

Ali is growing up too fast and I want to keep her little. She's 2 years old now and making dramatic improvements in speech, physical movements, etc every day. She loves to sing even though she knows no songs. She loves singing Happy Birthday even though her version goes like this 'Happy... Happy... Happy... Happy'. Happy usually comes out sounding more like 'Hoppy'. Every time she sees a candle she sings it. Every time I pull out the mixer to make a cake or cookies she sings it. It's really sweet and once my camera is fixed (always something seems to be falling apart and needing repair) I promise to get it on video to show you.

She's going through a funny stage of 'mama, mama, mama' at the moment. She only wants me to help her with ... everything! At the playground she won't even let Terence help lift her onto things or push her on the swing. His help is always received with a loud 'NEM! MAMA' She's even like this with Curt and the babysitters. I know it's just a stage but it's a bit difficult at the moment when I need to help Terence or Mia with things or get dinner ready. I only have 2 hands.

Terence is working hard at improving his reading and writing and has been getting into his exercises every evening. I help him and often sit with him during his homework. It's good that he has a bit of a competitive streak as this gets him trying harder so that he gets my praise and good marks.

Mia is still Miss Social Butterfly. She receives playdate and birthday invitations ALL the time. She is, however, starting to get a bit moody. I wasn't prepared for moods at the age of 5. It's too soon... Let's hope this is also a stage. If not, we have a long road ahead of us!

Finally, I'd like to end today's post with a big Happy Birthday to Jon Harman! Enjoy your first birthday as a dad and your 3rd (or is it 4th?) birthday in Budapest!