Saturday, March 1, 2008

Ali the Mommy

This isn't the best photo of Ali but when she's playing mommy and taking care of her babies (she calls them 'babas') she moves fast. They seem to be needy babies and always falling down (aka 'boom') and going 'night night' and asking for a book (she can say book clearly). Here she was telling me that her 'baba poo poo'. So she was putting her on a pillow to change her. She goes into our room where we stock the nappies and actually puts them on her babies. Of course, they are way too big and fall off them. Maybe I should get her a pack of preemie nappies. I'll put it on my to-do list.

My absolute favorite is what she just started doing while recently on our ski trip. She takes her baby, tries to swaddle them in a blanket (a cloth napkin works the best for this - she took many up to our room after dinner in the hotel restaurant) and sits them on her lap while reading them a book. She doesn't use any real words when 'reading' just lots of jibber jabber (is that even a word? Evy would know...) But, she speaks quickly and makes a sound every couple of seconds that sounds sort of like an 'and'. It's almost like 'blah, blah, blah' breathe 'and, blah, blah, blah, blah' breathe, etc. It's so funny but I have to hide my laughing or else she gets embarrassed and stops doing it. I hope to get it on video soon to share with all of you as it is absolutely precious!