Saturday, March 1, 2008

Good Ole Friends

Yesterday I had a terrible stomach flu. We had to go home from our friends' dinner party early as I just wasn't well. Had to cancel my Saturday night plans with my very dear friend, Kerry, plus 6 other friends. Felt terrible having to cancel as I knew she planned this very fun girls night out ages ago. After I sent the text message she called me. She listened to my ailments and then told me that she was so bummed. Not only was I missing another Saturday GNO but she had planned for a surprise birthday cake, bottle of Veuve Clicquot (my favorite that she had to specially bring with her as the restaurant that we were going to didn't serve) and presents to be there waiting for me. Ugh! Bad timing! What a thoughtful friend she is! I'm so lucky.

My sweet, sweet hubby took Terence and Mia (along with Ali) to their Saturday morning activities. Mia had dance and Terence football. He even had to pick up 2 of Terence's buddies to take to football. What a man! I slept the morning away and was happy to hear their voices and footsteps return at noon. He made a giant fire and played Monopoly with Terence while the girls napped and I catnapped on the sofa next to the roaring fire. We had horrible hail, wind and rain storms all afternoon yesterday so it was the perfect day to be home as a family. It was the best medicine for me.

In the afternoon, our dear friends came to visit. After moving to Moscow (from Budapest) 1 1/2 years ago, Budapest just hasn't been the same. I was sleeping (again) when they arrived but fortunately woke for a short visit to see how much the 4 Fekete kids have grown! And how much Imola has shrunk! They all look amazing. However, Mia wouldn't stop talking all night about how 'handsome Sean is these days'. How can she be so boy crazy at only 5 years of age?! We are doomed! John and Imola - we must keep an eye on this one!

All the girls. Ali, Sophie, Sara, Mia and Sonia (Mia, Sonia and Keira were always BFFs in Budapest)

The boys (and Blue) in the basement being secretive

And a few more photos: