Saturday, April 5, 2008

The 7 Day Countdown

The kids are counting down. 7 days until we hit the Disneyland Resort Paris. We will be there for 4 days. Above is a photo the main Disneyland Resort Hotel where we will be staying and eating our meals with the Disney Characters. The kids are going to be sooo overstimulated and have such a magical time!! Curt and I hope they serve beer! ;-)

We have spent this morning checking out the rides and the layo
ut of the park so we are ready to hit the ground running. The most exciting part of it is that the height minimum for the extreme rides (like Space Mountain Mission 2) is 132 cm. We measured Terence this morning and he is clearly 134 - 135cm. He is so excited but I'm worried it maybe a bit scary as they do not recommend kids under 10 years old on the ride. We have yet to measure Mia but I think she will be cleared to ride the next level of rides. There are plenty for all ages!

The reason for our visit to Disneyland Resort Paris is that when T
erence and Mia started at the French school in Sept 2006, I had made them a promise. When they finally learn French fluently, we will go to the Paris Disney. Well, guess what? I am fulfilling my promise. The funniest part about this story is that Terence thinks that there will only be French spoken at our hotel and in the park. He believes that he will have to do all the translating and said to me the other day, "what if I forget how to say something?" Poor little guy. I told him that we will try to find somebody who speaks English and I too will learn some key words like 'rollercoaster'. When we arrive at our hotel, Curt and I will have to act surprised when we are greeted in.... English! I know this is a bit sneaky but it has worked as an incentive to get them through their first challenging year at the French school...
This picture is a map of the resort. Our hotel is number 1 - right in the center! The best part about staying at this hotel is that we can enter the park a bit earlier than the general opening time of 10am, plus we receive a Fastpass. A fastpass allows us to avoid rides. We simply go to the ride, receive a time when we should come back and then waiting time is a couple of minutes! However, before booking our visit I checked to make sure none of the French, English or Belgian public schools are on holiday so we shouldn't have to worry about an overly crowded park. This is also why we are arriving on Sunday so we even avoid the general weekend mob! Curt is very impressed!