Saturday, June 14, 2008

Apologies to a Dear Friend

I've decided I needed to make a public apology to a great guy, dedicated blog fan and faithful Facebook friend.

John Fekete has been a friend of Curt's since BE (Before Erika). He, like Curt and many other Americans, arrived to Hungary in the very early 90s. Our friendship with John and his wife, Imola, strengthened when we started having children. Their brood consists of 4 children and ours, as you know, 3. The kids all get along great even though we are living miles and miles away from each other now - their new home is in Moscow.

This week John paid a short visit to Hungary and we were lucky enough to meet him out for dinner on Thursday night on the Spoon boat / restaurant. We had a partner company in from London so we combined the group into a larger group of 6 so that we could combine business and pleasure all in one evening.

Suddenly, towards the end of our meal, John pointed out that I hadn't yet taken a picture. I too realized this and looked in my bag. I have one of these huge bags that Curt always says would make me the perfect contestant for the Let's Make a Deal show. If you didn't grow up watching it in the US when you were a kid, Let's Make a Deal asks audience members to look in their bags for odd items like a screwdriver. Whichever audience member can pull this item out of their bag becomes the next contestant.

Anyway, back to the story... I didn't have my camera on Thursday night. John's face showed disappointment. When I urged him to explain, he confessed that he was a big blog fan of ours and was hoping to be added in a post. Realizing that our get togethers are few and far between I too became disappointed. The emotion spread to Curt and we've decided that a public apology needed to be sent to John Fekete. A guy who always makes us laugh and has an incredible immunity to the poison that palinka seems to have on the rest of us.

Thanks for meeting up with us on Thursday night. Hugs to the family and we hope to see you somehow, somewhere in the near future. Wherever that may be, I will have my camera ready! We hope you remain a fan of our Clements Family in Budapest blog site.

Warmest Regards,

The Clements Family


John Fekete in some remote location in Russia