Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Work

Today I am at home and taking off of work (and everything else) due to a strained / sprained ankle. It's wrapped up and I've received anti-inflammatory medicine. The cause, the doctor guesses, is over exertion due to a lot of tennis, running, etc lately. I'm too young for my body to break down like this... Now I'm off of all of the above... boo hoo. I guess I'll have to get back into swimming again for exercise!

Anyhow, shortly after Ali's arrival home from nursery school, she started laying out the newspaper. It was really funny to watch her work. She just got to the stage where she talks and sings all the time. So, while she is working/playing she will often talk out what she is working on - usually in Hungarian.

After she laid out the papers across the floor I asked her what she was doing. She answered in her little voice, "I'm working, mom". She was sighing in an exaggerated way like she was doing hard manual work. She then counted out how many papers she had laid out, "one, two, three" She looked at me and said, "Three works mama". She goes back and forth between 'mom' and 'mama' with me. She's also not mixing up Hungarian and English as much lately. It's so fun to listen to her. I love this age!

One thing she does (sort of) mix up but it's so funny that we don't correct her is that when I ask her something and her reply is okay she answers the 'okay' in Hungarian which is 'Jo'. Jo is pronounced 'Yo'. So I will say something like, "Ali can you please get a spoon?" She will reply with "Yo mama". It's always a great giggle for everyone!

Here are her pictures of 'work'