Monday, October 13, 2008

Halloween and Fall Decorating

We've slowly started putting up our Halloween and fall decorations. Last week we put the orange lights on the house, hung our witch off our front upstairs balcony and put up a few skeletons, bats and headstones. This week we are putting up a few more decorations that can last through Thanksgiving.
I love this time of year and we are having a beautiful fall season. It's warmer than usual and even hit the mid-20s Celsius this weekend which felt really odd.
Yesterday, shortly after Curt departed to Chicago, Mia got a high fever and complained about her body aching. She did have a crazy busy Saturday so I'm sure her body was really run down. We went out for brunch with Terence, Ali and a few other families then the playground for fresh air. Mia had barely enough energy but she didn't want to stay at home and rest. I know how she feels and actually after her Motrin took effect, she was feeling more energetic and her fever dropped.
We came home by about 6pm and decided to all get into our pjs and watch a movie. I just downloaded High School Musical 1 and 2 so the girls are loving that. Terence watched Scooby Doo (still one of his favorites) on the other TV.
Today I decided to keep Mia home and spend the day with her. On the way home from dropping Terence and Ali off at their schools, we stopped and picked up our pumpkins. We are so excited to find real orange pumpkins every where here! When we first moved here it was impossible to find an orange pumpkin any where. Sometimes a green or gray pumpkin would turn up at a green grocers but now they all have orange pumpkins so we were very excited and picked one out for everyone in our family.
When we got home Mia helped me decorate and put some of the gourds we picked up in my turtle bowl. Kerry - I got inspired after seeing yours already filled on your blog.



The Pottery Barn website also inspired me. I love their things and can drool over their website's photos any day. I'm loving this table right below on the left. It comes with 2 leafs which would be great. I've made a pact with myself to not buy any more furniture until the kids stop drawing (accidentally or intentionally) on it. I probably have a few more years.