Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Mia's Presents

Mia loves creating gifts. She makes gifts for just about everyone and it's really sweet. We need to get her a project table or something. She pulls out beads, glue, scissors (she loves scissors), paper clips, string, crayons, pens (glittery are her favorites) and works away. In the past week she made her substitute teacher, Madame Michelle, a necklace out of different colored paper clips and a drawing (I sent in a box of chocolates, too). Her substitute teacher taught her for her first month of school while her permanent teacher, Marie Pierre, was at home in France looking after her dying mother. When Marie Pierre returned, Mia took her a colorful necklace made out of spongy beads that she worked hard on making. Later that day I asked her if Marie Pierre liked it. She said yes and she gave her a kiss after she told her, "I'm so sorry your mom died and went to Heaven. I know you are sad because my mom's mom also died and went to Heaven". I didn't pick up Mia that day from school (Monday) but on Tuesday when I went I saw Marie Pierre still wearing the necklace made by Mia.

Yesterday evening she spent an hour making me this:



When she is a crazy teenager I am going to keep this video close!! ;-)