Thursday, October 1, 2009

More Ali

2 nights ago, Ali did not want to stay in bed. She and Mia share a room and she was driving Mia crazy as Mia is always very tired at bedtime and is able to fall asleep quickly. However, if she has Ali jibber jabbering in her ear or whining, then she is less than thrilled.

Ali would not stay in bed without crying and I didn't think this was fair for Mia who was exhausted. If Ali was in a room by herself, it would have been an easy decision and I would have just let her cry. Instead, after a few attempts at working out the situation so she'd stay in bed, I finally decided to throw some pillows on the floor in the hallway and let her work it out for herself. About 45 minutes later I found her sleeping like an angel in this hallway chair. It was hard to stay frustrated with her once I saw her peacefully sleeping...



Then, this morning our comic returned. Ali can be very funny and always leaves surprises for me to find after she's either went to bed or went off to school. This morning after they'd left for school (with Curt) I found that she'd put her underpants on one of our pillows and sat it up her chair at the table. How does she come up with this stuff???!!?