Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Terence Loves His Books

I found Terence lying on our bed the other evening reading about all the complex statistics regarding each planet in our solar system. When I laid down next to him, he started talking about everything he was reading with me. He came up with some really interesting comments and questions. For example, after he noticed Jupiter's gravity was 2.1 something compared to Earth he started to chuckle. Then he said, "I bet you wouldn't even be able to open your mouth on Jupiter with the gravity being that strong".

When I noticed Pluto wasn't listed in his book, I mentioned that when I was in school we were taught that there were 9 planets in our solar system. He replied confidently, "Yeah, you were taught Pluto was the 9th planet. But then they discovered it's just a mass of ice".