Monday, February 22, 2010

Ali's Carnival Costume!

I found the costume theme chosen by Ali's Petite Section / Moyenne Section class at the French school rather odd. This year the entire school's theme is styles through out history. So, she got 1920s Charleston. I was a little worried about what to do for her but quickly worked it out. We borrowed the dress from a friend (it's purple and works well), I had the headpiece, the giant feather is from Mia's recent birthday cake, the fake pearls are from a costume I wore once and the gloves are from one of her Cinderella costumes.

With her short hair, I thought she looked perfect!!! Tomorrow is the Carnival party. By the way, Mia's class has the Hippie Theme (easy peasy) and T's class has Pirates. Since T isn't so excited about the idea of dressing up (they go through a stage at his age about being too cool for things), he may just wear an eye patch.

In the meantime, enjoy our little Flapper - Ali Cat!!!








PS Curt and I went to a 1920s Charleston party a couple of years ago, here are our photos and here: