Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Ali Doing the Charleston Dance!!!

Today was Carnival (think Halloween) at the French school. You've already seen Ali's Charleston flapper costume and for an added surprise, parents were invited today to enjoy a bit of the celebration with them. It was wonderful! Honestly, I went in there with very low expectations but Ali's teacher choreographed an entire dance routine with all the kids. They were spectacular, enthusiastic and all so happy! Seriously!! I was so bummed my real camera didn't work so I only managed to capture part of the show with my Blackberry. Not very good quality but I hope you can somewhat see. She's the 2nd one from me.

They split the class in 2 groups, then they joined together where each boy partnered with a girl. Ali was so confident in her dancing and did an incredible job. Honestly, she led the boy, put his arm on her shoulder then held his other hand. She didn't have to look around to copy anyone on the steps. She knew them! I've honestly never seen her like this. She's always been my little, shy one who seemed to lack the confidence to do something like this. It was incredible. She looked amazing!! I'll have to ask around and see if anyone got a better video that I can copy as I want to see her do this over and over and over again! It was so fun. All the parents were gushing and so impressed. We are so lucky that Ali ended up with such a fantastically caring, creative teacher!! If my camera had been working I would have snapped a photo of Ali with Isabelle, her teacher, as she looked great too in her sparkly flapper dress.