Thursday, May 20, 2010

Surprise Beer for Dad

On Wednesday, when the kids were out of school, I had to drag them out to IKEA (one of my least favorite places to shop as it always takes so long and I come out with extras) after their tennis and Mia's doctor's appointment. I went for a rug for our spare bedroom. However, we ended up picking out a small cabinet for our bedroom.

Our master bedroom is quite small. My clothes barely fit and only a few of Curt's things (ie underwear, socks and t-shirts) fit. The rest of his clothes are downstairs in a wardrobe.

So, we decided to give daddy new drawers!! We bought a piece that would work really well in the corner next to our bed (in place of his nightstand). The box weighted 40 kgs so T and I had our work cut out for us trying to lift it into the car. Fortunately someone helped us lift it off the shelf onto our trolley but the outdoor IKEA guys were all too busy smoking and chatting to notice our need for assistance so we got on with it ourselves.

When we got home, we wanted to build it and surprise him. After an 1 1/2 we were only half way done and his return (just after 7pm) caused a stir of panic amongst the kids. It was funny as one always sat on look out for him to arrive. Terence then came up with the idea to leave a cold beer on the front steps with a note. I didn't see it until later and had to capture it on film! So cute. Not sure why he (and Mia) always space between words with a long line... Also thought it was funny that he missed an E in his name... ;-)



Needless to say, we had to break to let daddy in and eat dinner. I finished it later alone. This is the finished product and the reason for my terrible back pain...


Also 2 other random shots. One of my flowers that seems to rebloom every year at this time and I just adore!



And little Ali. Love how she sets herself up sometimes...