Thursday, October 4, 2007

Mia's Thoughts of the Day

Mia was quite funny today. We had some mommy and Mia time (aka 'MamaMia' time) today when I took her to the doctor. On the way she was telling me about the bully, Alexis, in her class. Claudia, Mia's teacher is having a really hard time handling this boy and every day Mia comes home complaining about him and how he is hitting her and everyone else. We often see Claudia deep in discussion (almost argument) with the boy's father. I'm not sure their family situation but that is another blog post....

I was asking Mia why she thought this boy was so naughty. Her reply was very simple. She said, 'How am I supposed to know. I am not a boy so I have no idea how a boy thinks.' Good point, I thought! I wish more of us followed this rule and didn't spend so much time trying to figure it out!

A little while later Mia noticed a bunch of birds on a wire and pointed them out to me. She was laughing as she thought they all looked funny all lined up (side note: Ali still calls a bird a 'Nana') along side each other. I asked her what she thought she they were doing and she guessed a birthday party. I asked her how did birds celebrate a birthday and she said, 'How am I supposed to know. I am not a bird and I have no idea how a bird thinks.' That put an end to that conversation!