Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Great New Recipe

On Monday I tried a new recipe that I first watched Delia Smith (British chef) make on TV then I found it on the uktvfood.co.uk website. It was a huge hit and I will absolutely have to make this dish often. The large number of ingredients allows for many variations. When I made this Mexican Chicken Chilli (main ingredients include chicken thighs, beans, mozzarella, coriander, lime juice, etc), I modified it slightly. I excluded the Tobasco sauce and just served it on the side (mainly for Curt who likes food to be on fire). Also, I didn't use those small spicy green chillies but instead I used those long thin green semi-spicy (depending on the amount of seeds that go in with it) peppers so that it would be more kid friendly. I also cut the cheese and cream in half and doubled the coriander (aka cilantro). Lastly, I added chickpeas as we can never get enough chickpeas. The girls could probably eat nothing but chickpeas for dinner if I let them! Anyhow, the recipe was a huge hit. And, the best part was it tasted even better reheated the next day! Even Curt - who never eats left overs - enjoyed it a second time. I wish I made more so it could have lasted longer. Note to self: double recipe next time and add more green bell peppers.

Here is the direct link to the recipe on the UK TV Food website:

http://uktv.co.uk/food/recipe/aid/530117