Thursday, September 25, 2008

Been Off Line

Our home computer has been getting repaired and we had no back up at home. The only computer access Curt and I had this week has been from the office. It's actually been kind of nice. Our usual evening consists of Curt getting home around 8pm. Sometimes he gets to the kids before they are fast asleep. Other times he just misses them. He'll eat his dinner then get on the computer and work until way past my bedtime. This week we've actually had a great time hanging out, watching movies, etc. I told him this is what it used to be like for our parents. No distractions from all the new electronic devices.

Regardless, that couldn't last for long. We now have a brand new HP laptop that is incredible. We are also getting our desktop back today so we'll be online 100% by the weekend. The kids love the laptop and we quickly got on skype last night to wish Aunt Sheila a happy belated birthday (with full video, sound, etc). For those of you that know me, I'm more of an emailer than a telephoner but to my far away friends let's chat! Maybe I'll even turn the video on but I must admit it doesn't look so nice from my side. It's funny seeing yourself reversed.

Bon weekend to you all. Photos and more updates coming soon.