Saturday, January 31, 2009

Birthday Thanks


Thanks for all the birthday wishes over the week. Thanks for the cards for Curt, Mia and Ali which were all displayed together (see photo below).



For Curt's birthday, each of the kids decided on their own to make him something. Mia woke up on his b-day morning and put her heart and soul into a great design. I had no idea what she was going to make and didn't offer help as she knew exactly what she wanted to do. All she asked me for were 3 sheets of colored paper - red, white and green - some tape and scissors. She concentrated while putting it together and was proud to show her work of art upon it's completion. I was very impressed with her heart trio.


I took this photo today and as you can tell, she wasn't very happy to be having her photo taken.

As if this weren't enough, Mia wrapped it and put it in a gift bag along with another gift: money! Her own. She raided her piggy bank and decided money would be a good addition to her gift for Curt... Very sweet!

T made a great card and wrote a message on it. I love it that he can now read and write!! He still needs quite a bit of help in English but is really trying hard.

Ali drew a picture and stuck animal stickers all over it.

I was very proud of my trio's thoughtfulness!