Monday, January 26, 2009

Happy Birthday Curt

To my husband, my best friend, my soul mate, to the man who always knows when to make me laugh and still makes me laugh even when I don't want to, to the man who is smarter than any other person I have ever met, to the most generous man I have ever known who helps so many people in this world without even having to be asked, to the person who I want to spend every minute of my life with - every day, to the person who I never thought existed but luckily came into my life and made me the luckiest woman alive, to the man who always makes me want to be a better person, to the man who is the best, most patient, kind dad ever to our 3 kids, to the man who protects us and keeps us safe and secure, to the most confident person I know who never brags or takes anything for granted.... I better stop now before I have to add 'to a very vain and arrogant man'.

Happy, happy, happy birthday my dear husband who is now 40...something. I will always love you!

Curt's birthday started with coffee in bed followed by his favorite breakfast (or at least one of) of homemade cream of wheat with fresh blue berries, pears, chopped almonds and honey. We met at the office as he always rides his bike and I drive. We then escaped for a while to enjoy a lunch together at a new spot in town.

At 5pm I rushed home to make a fantastic new dish called Stir-fried Noodles with Singapore Lamb Curry. Curt managed to get home to join us for dinner (he was home by about 6:45pm) as the kids wanted to have a birthday celebration!

Dinner turned out great. Just the right amount of spice and flavor. I only added one hot green chili instead of 2 (the way we'd both prefer it and what the recipe calls for) as the kids were going to be eating it too. What was great was all 3 of them pitched in to help make dinner. Ali stirred the sauce, Mia peeled the garlic and ginger, Terence made the Chinese Udon Noodles. It was a great group effort and every one thought it turned out great. T also helped me make Curt's favorite cake for dessert - Angel Food Cake. Actually it's probably everyone's favorite cake. It was so delicious and our family ate almost the entire thing in one evening! Here are some pictures of cake time.