Saturday, January 31, 2009

The Sound of Music

The Sound of Music came on TV today. I've always wanted the kids to watch it as it was one of my childhood favorites! Absolutely love it and know all the songs by heart. I still often sing Edelweiss to the kids at night or when they are sad. They love this song and also the Carpenters song, Close to You, that I sing regularly to them.

Anyhow, I wasn't sure how the kids would react to an older movie (made in 1965) like The Sound of Music. I was thrilled to see that all three of them were completely entranced by it. It's such a classic and still captures the hearts of their audience! Julie Andrews is just great in this film. I think we'll be downloading it and watching it regularly!


PS T thought it was cool that the movie took place in Salzburg which he remembers from his recent train journey with Papa and Aunt Lisa.