Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Cupcake Time

I just finished baking 50+ cupcakes!!! They are for Mia and Ali to take to their schools to celebrate their birthdays with their classmates. Mia will take hers in tomorrow (22nd - her actual b-day) and Ali will take hers on Friday (23rd - her actual b-day is on the 24th). Instead of frosting them all over, I decided to just add a flower of pink frosting with a pink flower candy on top of it. The cake (Yellow 1-2-3-4 out of my Joy cookbook) is delicious and all the kids love it but I think the frosting is too all-American for many of them. Terence and Mia have reported back over the years that most of the kids eat the cake and leave the frosting - so opposite of our kids! Well, this is my solution this year. Let's see if it works out. If so, I'll have to source something other than flowers for T's b-day in March...