Friday, January 23, 2009

Mia's birthday videos

Here are 2 short video clips from Mia's ice skating birthday party. I have another great one of cake time where the kids sang Happy Birthday in French then Hungarian then English. It was fantastic! They are all such little linguistics (for those of you that may not know, Mia attends the French Lycee here which is 100% French speaking. She grew up speaking Hungarian from the day she was born as our nanny is Hungarian and she also attending Hungarian nursery school for 2 years before starting at the French school). I'll have to try and figure out how to send you the video of the birthday singing. I can do You Tube but sometimes feel that's a bit too public... so, we'll see.

Anyhow, for those of you that may not have read my earlier post about her birthday party, we had 4 ice skating instructors helping the 5 and 6 year olds out on the ice.

In the first video, the boy at the very start of the clip is Gauthier. He's a French boy in Mia's class that she really adores. She calls him her boyfriend. I'm not sure if she likes him as much as he likes her. Everytime I see them together he just stares at her like he's in a trance. I guess she likes it... ;-)

Anyhow, the videos are funny to watch. The kids are just all over the place and falling on top of each other. You can easily spot Mia as her ice skates are pink (most of others are blue from the rental shop).






You may notice all the kids had one of these on their necks. Erika (our nanny) helped make these for each one with their name on it. We used my laminating machine (I love my laminating machine, by the way) to make them stronger and a bit more special so they can keep as a memento.