Tuesday, March 10, 2009

2000 meters

Curt and I decided to start our apres ski / lunch early one day and went straight to the top spot at 2000 m. It was a great day and fun to sit outside. It was a really happening spot and I can imagine it gets quite wild from about 5pm! There's another gondola down into town for the people unable to ski after all the gluhweins and schnapps!


A cold beer was required because we were hot from skiing.


Kaprun, the glacier, across the way.




Above the clouds



There was a tiny little church at the very top. I had just finished mentioning to Curt that I bet people got married in it when a wedding group arrived off the gondola, walked through the bar / restaurant in their proper attire and headed towards the little church. I just managed to get it on video from our table...