Saturday, March 28, 2009

Friends in High Places

One of my tennis partners, Margret, is getting ready to move to Berlin. Her hubby is with the UN and they've had some incredible postings. Berlin is their 4th or5th location to live in. I was honored to be included in a small farewell luncheon earlier this week with her and some of her very important friends. The hostess of the luncheon was the Belgian ambassador's wife. I pulled up to the house which is one of the most beautiful homes in Buda and sort of had to pull my jaw off the ground before pressing the buzzer. I was then not greeted by Beatrice but by her butler. We had an incredible 3 course meal which started with a souffle and small green salad. The main course was salmon wrapped with cod and a shrimp / lobster sauce. I think I hummed as I ate (like a happy baby) as it was delicious and so nice to sit down to a fabulous warm lunch!

Below is a photo of our little group which consisted of mostly diplomats. I knew 5 of the women (including Margret of course) from tennis. The others were lovely and most knew me through the community and Move One so I felt very welcome. Margret is the woman sitting in the middle with the orange jacket.