Friday, July 17, 2009

More Pool Time

This pool in Wichita, KS is seriously so fantastic. Here are 2 more images and 3 videos (with my waterproof camera) from our swimming day yesterday. Ali has been amazing. She went from clinging on to us and wearing arm bands at my brother's home 1 1/2 weeks ago to wearing NO armbands and really trying hard to swim. She actually is swimming! That's the nutty part. She pushes off the bottom and kicks her legs. She's become quite brave and usually jumps (almost dives) into the pool. She was a bit worried in the video below and wanted to hold my hand. If I didn't have the video camera in my hand she'd probably dive to me. Next time I'll try and get Curt to do the camera thing while she's junping out to me. Her progress has been amazing! The other day she insisted on flipping off the side of the pool. She managed to do it before I realized that she was actually trying it. I think she remembered her 4 year old cousin, Jaxon, trying it so she too had to. She's went from being so timid to so brave! I can't wait to see how she'll be in a month's time after we've been swimming everyday!



Ali swimming video

Mia swimming

And, T swimming