Monday, July 13, 2009

Some Fav Photos from Indy

We are now in Kansas with Curt's family having a fantastic time. On Thursday, July 9th we drove from my brother's home in Indianapolis to Cincinnati to catch our flight to Kansas City (MCI) airport. We spent our first 2 nights there with Curt's Uncle Mike and Aunt Sally. We all had an enjoyable time catching up with them as well as Curt's Uncle Jim and Aunt Karen and cousin Julie. Kansas City is really growing on me and I particularly love their area in Overland Park. There are great restaurants, shops and culture. If you want to learn more about Kansas City you can read about it at Elle Decor's site which I just came across recently. Also, little fact: Kate Spade is from Kansas City and I believes still maintains a residence. I'm sure there are other amazing talents from Kansas City but since I'm a Kate Spade fan, I liked this one...

As of Saturday, July 11th, we've been enjoying ourselves in Wichita at Curt's parent's home. The temp is hot, however, reaching 100 degrees F daily! Very hot and humid. Yesterday we enjoyed a movie in the cool A/C, indoor go-carting then the YMCA's outdoor pool. Actually, it's more like a waterpark with huge waterslides, a wave pool, kiddie area and lap lanes. It was packed yesterday (Sunday) but we hope it'll be less busy today upon our return.

Below are some of our favorite photos from our fantastic Indy trip and fun time with my brother, Attila, and his family.

These first photos were taken at the Children's Museum of Indianapolis. We went with my sister-in-law, Shirley, and 3 of their boys: Logan (12), Brennan (11) and Jaxon (4). It was a fun-filled afternoon. The dinosaur exhibit was great! I have some pretty cool videos that I took on my new Flip camera! I'll be posting them soon.

Digging for dinosaur fossils




There was a section on how glass is blown. The entire ceiling was made of colorful blown glass as you can see from the first photo above. It was beautiful. My 3 nephews laid on this revolving chair to just stare up at it. They had plastic samples of the glass in the making as you can see in T's hand. Jaxon adored his cousin. I love how he's just holding on to him in the above left photo.


And a carousel

One night for dinner we hit the Mayberry Cafe in a town about 20 miles away from my brother's home. It was good all-American food like burgers, steaks, meatloaf, onion rings and - a new one to all of us: fried mac-n-cheese! I could feel my arteries clogging after the first bite of the fried mac-n-cheese!


Bubble time

The kids all got to pick out a toy at the end of our meal at the Mayberry Cafe. I guess the token (for a toy) came with each kid's meal. Bubbles were a popular choice.