Sunday, October 11, 2009

More Glasgow

This is where we stayed - Kim's parents' home.



I love how most of the homes in the UK have names. Their home's name is 'Sunnyside'.

On Day 2 we went downtown to sight see, meet up with some friends, have lunch, and do some shopping. On Day 3, Kim, her parents and I drove out to see nearby Loch Lomond. It was beautiful and again we were lucky with the weather. After walking around the town and the loch, we settled into the beautiful and newly built (2008) Boathouse Restaurant which is part of the Cameron House properties. From what I understand, it's a mansion, golf course, retreat which is quite a famous place for get aways, weddings, etc.


I loved the decor in the Boathouse restaurant. Here is one of the chairs by the fire. It's made out of oars and fishing poles.

When we finally went in for lunch it was already 2:30pm on a Monday so rather quiet.



I'm a huge, huge, huge fan of seafood. It was delicious. We started with mussels and I had 1/2 dozen amazing local raw oysters. Then, Kim and I both had the ceaser salad with fresh prawns and anchovies. It was incredible!



Curt called while we were there and we all talked to him and wished he were with us. We then told him what we were eating and he was less than thrilled... I think we'll be making a trip there together sometime in 2010. As of now there is a direct 3 hour flight from Budapest to Glasgow on Ryan Air. My round trip ticket was less than USD200 so it is reasonable. The only challenge is Ryan Air's strict 15 kg luggage allowance. They charge 20GBP for each kilo that the passenger goes over - ouch! My luggage on my return was 15.1 kgs. phew...

The other challenge was getting up at 4:15am to catch our 6:50am flight on Wednesday morning.