Tuesday, April 20, 2010

A note from Mia

Mia is ALWAYS drawing. Actually, come to think of it, all our kids love to draw! I think this imaginative outlet is really curtailed at the French school. Especially from grade 1 (CP). So, they make up for it at home as we have crayons, pencils, markers and papers everywhere!! Terence has a couple sketch pads that he always has to have with him with a pencil and eraser. If he's not reading in the evening, he is sketching. These are his 2 favorite relaxation exercises...

Anyhow, when I put Mia upstairs in her bedroom for bedtime, she drew for a few minutes while I got her clothes ready for next day's school. She drew a few pictures and then quickly sketched this one up and asked me to take it down to pass to dad (she loves the secret note passing... already). I looked at it and smiled, knowing exactly it's meaning. I confirmed with her and was correct that it meant that Mia loved her Dada to the moon, stars, around another planet and back. She has such a BIG heart!!!