Monday, July 29, 2013

Bar Harbor - our stay and activites

Above was our sweet little suite in Bar Harbor at The West Street Hotel.

Below is from the outside.


These next shots I took as I loved the local maps on the wall...

 



 All in all, we enjoyed Bar Harbor. I think the special thing here is Acadia National Park and Whale Watching tours. Due to the poor weather we had on our 1 full day, we didn't get to go out on the sunset tour that I had booked. We also skipped the national park as it's someplace we'd prefer to visit with our kids. 

Instead we hit the gym, walked, shopped, ate and chilled. 

I loved this restaurant where we had dinner on our first night: Fathom.
 

Our 2nd night we enjoyed some oysters and a pizza at a restaurant called Blaze. Both nights we ate at the bar... because we could!

We also tried lobster ice cream - yuck. But followed it up with some crazy good local ice cream on Main Street! Yum! 

Then, I bought some of these awesome, locally made (out of wooden buoys) Santas. I collect Santas and loved these! So nice to buy locally made cool things... We found great things in ME which I'll blog about later as I have a big(ger) wish list.