Monday, July 29, 2013

I'm back

I am officially returning to my long lost friend: our family blog. Blogging is like putting your photos into an album. If you take a break, it starts to pile up and suddenly seems like an overwhelming project that you don't know where or how to (re)start. This morning, while running on the treadmill (something I rarely do in the gym but seem to enjoy while on vacation), I thought that I am just going to s.t.a.r.t. Today I am going to begin blogging and I am not going to stress about picking up where I left off but I would start t.o.d.a.y.

It is tuesday, july 30th at 9:28pm in boston, ma. It is 5:28am (on the 31st) in dubai, uae.

Curt is in Cleveland for a meeting and our 3 children, Terence (12), Emilia (10) and Alexandra (7) are all at Camp Quinebarge in Moultonborough, NH.


It's been so hard being apart from ALL of them. They are at camp for 2 weeks. The camp is wonderful and everything you can dream of in an American camp. The setting is beautiful with sweet little cabins, on the lake, amongst the trees with horses and land and an old fashioned camp feel (no electronics, no phones, etc). We were lucky as our friends, Eric and Lesley, have just purchased the camp in late 2012. So, we know the kids are in good hands.

We were lucky to have spent one night at the camp and I nearly didn't leave. Not only did I not want to leave our little ones but I loved being a part of the camp atmosphere and making a difference in all these kids lives and memories...