Saturday, October 20, 2007

Guitar Hero

Guitar Hero is a new game (or at least new to me) that works with the Play Station or Nintendo Wii. I had to get it the other day when I was at Saturn (an electronics store) last week. I was there to buy a replacement vacuum when I made the mistake of walking down the video game aisle. This is when I saw the big shiny box labeled Guitar Hero. Curt laughs as he is convinced that I enjoy it just as much as, if not more than, the kids. Yes, I admit I have had 3 turns - all of which I played the Go-Gos' We Got the Beat!

Our version of the Guitar Hero game is Rock the 80s so our kids can get exposed to REAL music and not this hip-hop / rap that they all get into! The game comes with the CD that fits into the Playstation plus a guitar. The cords are shown on the screen and the guitar player has to hit them at just the right time to score well or even finish the game. If the cords are missed too many times the fans boo the player off the stage. It's very funny and here is Terence giving it a whirl. He hasn't picked up on it too quickly because it's a bit too difficult for him still. He and Riley have just both left to play outside in the big hole where our tree is getting dug out. Liam and I will have to try and unlock some new songs. Actually, instead I will put Ali down for a nap while I pack for my trip to the US.