Saturday, November 10, 2007

Mia is so Diplomatic

I noticed this about Mia a while ago. She's incredibly, naturally talented at not hurting people's feelings. If you ask her a question like, 'Who is a better cook?' She will say both of you or everyone. Or, 'Who is your best friend?' she'll reply with something like, 'I like everyone!'

Today she came home with the boys from Rozsakert after getting their flu shots and I offered her a piece of Apple Cake (my mom's recipe) that I had just pulled out of the oven about 15 minutes earlier. She was excited at the word 'cake'. She quickly came over but when she realized that my version of cake didn't have any chocolate on / in it her face looked less excited. I asked her again if I could cut her a slice. Instead of answering something like 'yuck' or 'i don't like it' she said, 'No thanks Mama. I want to save room for dinner so I will have a slice instead after dinner.' This is SO Curt! This is her way of telling me that the cake doesn't look good to her. It's amazing that at 4 years old she can be so thoughtful. She's always been like this as long as she could speak. She's so sweet.