Sunday, January 20, 2008

AURUS Review

Aurus has got to be one of my five favorite restaurants in the world after experiencing it's amazing service, cozy yet chic atmosphere and excellent food last week. It was recommended by two of my friends from Bombay (they still can't get used to calling it Mumbai). As I mentioned in one of my earlier posts (I think it was on 'Day 1 in India') it was a bit challenging to find. Knowing that it's on Juhu Tara Road is a bit helpful as it's a short stretch between two other Juhu something Roads. There are 2 security guards outside the doors but the Aurus sign is inside a candlelit walkway so unless you are standing right outside on the sidewalk, you'd definitely miss it. I found a review of the restaurant online. Funny enough, the sites is called Burrp. Both Curt and I agreed that what we loved about Aurus was the food items were simple but the sauces and flavor combinations were out of this world! Next time I go back I may have to skip the champagne as it was unusually expensive. Must be a big import tax on it or something.

Here's a photo of what I saw when I looked up from our table on their terrace.