Monday, January 21, 2008

Mia's Last Day of Being 4

I get really sad the day before one of the kid's birthdays. I have to really absorb the way they look, act, sound, etc as it's the last day that they'll be of this age. Today is Mia's last day of being 4 years old. I must have stared at her a bit too much today after school because she kept asking me why I was staring at her. I kept having to explain that I wanted to always remember her being 4 years old as it's been such a wonderful year. It really has been a great year. Mia's such a good sister, friend, daughter... She's such a caring young individual that is always (almost always) so happy. I love her with all my heart but wish that she didn't grow up so quickly.

This evening - while dinner was cooking - I had to interview her about how she felt on her last day of being 4 years old. The result is very entertaining. Completely unprompted!


I must have been telling them repeatedly that I needed more time for the dinner to come out tasting delicious... Mia is such a foodie that she kept telling Ali and Terence not to bother me too much while I was in the kitchen. She knew I needed some time to concentrate while chopping and throwing everything together to cook before I could come and play with all of them. Note: after these videos we frosted and sprinkled about 30-40 cupcakes (even Ali helped). Mia is taking most of them to share with her classmates tomorrow at school. There are about 23 or 24 kids in Mia's class at the French school.

Then Terence needed to be on camera. This is the same kid that usually hides when the camera is facing his direction.



I think he prefers video over still photos. It also excited him to know that I'd let him view the video on the plasma afterwards.