Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Easter Decorations

Easter decorating time.

We put up the decorations the weekend before we went skiing. Easter comes so early this year that we had to quickly pull down all our heart decorations from Valentine's Day and pull out the eggs, bunnies, etc.

Mia really got into the decorating and did the entire tree by herself. Maybe Ali hung a couple. I know one of my real ones got broken but who cries over broken eggs when you have 3 kids, 3 dogs, 1 cat and always extra children and friends around!

This will be the first year that we paint Easter eggs. I've never painted Easter eggs in my entire life. Okay, pull your chin off the ground. Mom was a bit too territorial over her kitchen and never liked any of the kids coming in and messing things up. It's pretty amazing that I ever learned how to cook.

I'm really nervous about the egg decorating and must open up my Martha Stewart Living magazines for tips. I'm assuming we cook the eggs first. That much I can do. Thanks to Aunt Lisa, I have a couple of years of paints and fun Easter egg design stuff stocked up for a fun project day. The question I have is... What do we do with the painted eggs when they are done? Do we leave them out for the Easter bunny? Do we eat them? Do we decorate the house with them? Any suggestions on this tradition will be greatly appreciated. Every Easter the Easter bunny leaves behind a fantastic basket of goodies for the kids. They are also left a ton of plastic eggs around the garden to seek out. All filled with little goodies that they enjoy opening and discovering. They are not deprived but I do feel the Easter egg painting must be done and this is a good year to do it. They are all at fun ages and they still all believe!