Thursday, March 6, 2008

The Kids Surprised Me

Curt and I raced home early from our relocation ops dinner tonight so we could catch the kids before they entered dreamland. I called our sitter to tell her to read really slowly so that we could come home and surprise them.

To my surprise, I found they had decorated the house with birthday streamers for me! They ran down the stairs screaming with excitement waiting for me to notice their creative work. Then, they posed for this photo with me. I have no idea what Terence and Mia are doing! Take a look at how tall Terence is. He is not standing on anything! He really comes up to my shoulders... at 6!


Terence then ran and brought me this....
He told me it was Tour d'Eiffel and he made it at school in his art class. Honestly, Curt and I didn't even know he took art at school... I asked if he brought it home for my birthday or if it was a coincidence. He said it was a coincidence but he wanted me to have it for my birthday. It's fantastic!!! I asked him if he'd like to see the Eiffel Tower in real life (he actually did once when he was 5 months old but that doesn't count). He got very excited and said, "I would love to!" I told him when we go to Euro Disney next month we will try...

While we were chatting, the girls were getting dressed up to 'go shopping and then out with their girlfriends' as Mia explained!!! She put on my high heel boots that I had just peeled off my feet... She is too much. Then she pretended to take a call on her pink cell phone. She spoke into it and then sighed. She looked at me seriously and said, "Change of plans. We now have to go to a dude's party. He just called and we have to go meet them. There'll be 4 dudes and 6 chicks." I do not talk like this but Curt sometimes jokes about dudes and chicks. The other day she said she wants to grow up and be a 'chick'. I must ask Curt when he comes back up what he's said about 'chicks'. Anyhow, check out Mia's vogue pose and then look at little Ali... A couple minutes after this photo I scooped up Ali and took her up to bed. I think she was relieved.