Thursday, April 24, 2008

4 more night-nights

... 'till Daddy gets home! Instead of Sunday, he will be home on Monday from his trip to China... The kids can't wait but are keeping very, very busy! Lots of birthday parties, play dates and sleep overs this week / weekend. On Saturday, they both have their extra-curriculum stuff (T has football / soccer and Mia has dance). During the week they have swimming lessons on Mondays and Fridays; Mia has music one day after school; T has 'sport' one day after school; T has French after school on Wednesdays then tennis... It's always busy and we all seem to have very little free time.

Tonight I said something to them about not always being perfect but before I finished, T interrupted and said, "Mom! You are perfect!" I was a bit stumped by his compliment as he's not that kind of kid. He really meant it and I was so flattered that I, of course, burst into tears. I kept them as hidden as possible but they both knew that I was touched. I just always try and be real with them by explaining that we have two rules in our house as parents: 1) to keep you safe and 2) teach you the rules. Sometimes it may all get confusing on how we are setting those rules but we are doing our best... Well, it's nice to know that they think we are... 'perfect'... that's a big thing to live up to!!