Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Bon Voyage to Emilia

Booooo hooooo ....

Mia left this morning on a 2 night sleep over school trip. The school is taking her 2 Kindgergarten grades (Grand Section) to Szolnok to join the 1st grade (C.P.) classes who have already been there for 2 nights. It was an emotional morning (mostly for me) saying good-bye. Terence and Curt came with me to wish her a bon voyage along with many of the other parents and siblings of the other voyagers. Ali left for her nursery school the same time as we left for school to meet the bus as I thought it would be hard for her to see Mia leaving. On top of losing Mia for 2 nights, she's also losing me and Curt as we are leaving for my relocation conference in Vienna in a couple of hours.

Mia in the car with her suitcase - all ready to go.


Holding hands with her great friend, Emma (who is moving to Bourdeux on Friday evening!) Emma and Mia will be in the same room with their other two great friends, Olivia and Rebeka.

There she is in the 2nd to last row window. I had my shades on so the tears were less obvious. Mia didn't cry but about 5 of the 50 (give or take a few) children cried.





BYE MIA - we'll miss you!!!

PS I put together a little photo album and tucked it in her suitcase for her to discover when she unpacks. I'll post the photos that I included in a 2nd post...